Monday, January 20, 2020

A Gentle Beginning

Deadlines complete. Christmas boxed and stored. Easing into a new decade. It was my desire in 2019 to be more intentional. Was I? Yes and no. I intended to write and post this blog at least 2 times during the month of December but I have intentionally let myself off the hook. It was a big year for us. There were big celebrations and we were in crisis. And yet we were carried and changed.

While there may be more in review on the past decade for now I would like to share some of my favorite podcasts, books, etc from 2019.








The books that spoke to my heart in 2019:


Back Roads to Belonging, Kristen Strong

Run With the Horses, Eugene H. Peterson

Interior Freedom, Jacques Philippe

Liturgy of the Ordinary, Tish Harrison Warren

I also enjoyed reading Gennine D. Zlatkis’, Birds in Watercolor, Collage, and Ink. It was delightful and her colorful art is inspiring.

I read mysteries for fun and Charles Finch mysteries were some of my favorites in 2019.

The highlights this year:
  • Spending time with my family celebrating my 60th birthday in a variety of ways. It was precious.
  • Growing together in hardship. Some may think that strange but it is no small thing when two people face crisis and grow together. It is a gift.
  • Discovering a deeper satisfaction with the life I have been given.
  • Emile and Isaac’s wedding and all the wonderful family time included in that event.
  • Seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time in years. It was marvelous. Can’t wait to go again.
  • Collaborating with Pastor Jeff Love and Alive Church Tucson in writing discipleship lessons for children. It was a wonderful privilege and a learning experience.
  • Spiritual Formation retreats in Chicago.
  • New friendships emerging out of the Spiritual Formation program.
  • Writer’s Workshop with Leanna Tankersley.
  • Speaking at a women’s Christmas event on the Presence of God.
  • The wonderful and challenging ways God is making me new.

For those who read this blog, I am grateful for you. It is my heart’s desire to bring hope and encouragement as well as invite you to look around at the good in your own life. What is God’s invitation to you right now at the beginning of this new year and new decade? One of the things God is inviting me to do is nurture friendships and make time for play.

1 comment: